Krytox Fluoroguard Polymer Additives Lubricants Improve Mechanical Performance
Fluoroguard polymer additives are used in a variety of molded parts made from thermoplastic or thermosetting polymers to improve mechanical performance — including low wear abrasion, flex fatigue, coefficient of friction, squeak and noise reduction, chemical resistance, and processing characteristics (such as melt flow, mold release and die buildup).
Fluoroguard polymer additives are based on a fluorinated synthetic oil and available in three distinct formulations that are colorless, odorless and chemically inert. Fluoroguard additives also act as an ingredient lubricant that migrates to the surface, reducing wear and abrasion, as well as improving polymer throughput and flow properties.
Fluoroguard additives further enhance the performance of molded parts by reducing scratching and marring, as well as improving flex fatigue, resistance and physical properties. Engineers looking to design light, durable parts for low-stress environments at reduced cost increasingly prefer engineered plastics enhanced with Fluoroguard additives over metal components.
A small dose of Fluoroguard polymer additives for strong, easily processed plastic parts.
Fluoroguard additives can be compounded into a wide variety of thermoplastic and thermosetting polymers, withstanding processing temperatures of 360 °C (680 °F) when incorporated into the polymer matrix using conventional melt-compounding equipment. These additives also work well in twin-screw extruders with liquid additive feeders or injection capabilities. Performance in applications such as polymer gears and bushings, rubber O-rings and seals, polymer films, snowboards, shoe soles and cleats, automotive weatherstripping and processing aids, can all be improved by Fluoroguard additives. Available grades include:
- Fluoroguard PCA polymer additives — used to improve product performance
- Fluoroguard SG polymer additives — an oil for use in devices and tubing that meet USP Plastics Class VI requirements, NAMSA* tested, and is NSF H1-certified
- Fluoroguard PRO polymer additives — based on low molecular weight oils and used primarily as processing aids
Learn More Related Information: Problems Krytox Solves:
- Krytox Lubricants Does Not Oxidizes
- Fix Seized Valves With Krytox Lubricants
- Krytox Lubricants Does Not Burn
- Increase Lubrication Intervals With Krytox
- Krytox Fluorinated Oils Lubricant
- Krytox Grease Deliver Superior Lubrication
- Krytox Fluoroguard Polymer Additives