Krytox Induced Draft Fan Bearings Lubrication Application
Induced draft fans in a process facility can cause lubrication headaches, especially if when they operate in a hot service. The air flow from the tower can cause the bearings can often run in excess of 100°C (212°F) when in service. At these temperatures, hydrocarbon-based lubricants will rapidly oxidize and require frequent re-lubrication.
Krytox grease can help improve the life of induced draft fan bearings. Krytox does not oxidize and can be used for extremely long lubrication intervals, lower maintenance requirements and improved bearing life.
What to do
- Start with a new clean bearing
- Grease the bearing with Krytox Grease lubricants. (Contact: Applied Thermal Fluids for detailed procedures)
- Replace seals or shields to prevent leakage of the grease.
- Tag the bearing as being greased for life with Krytox
- Fill approximately 40% of the bearing housing free space on either side of the bearing with Krytox
- Fewer bearing failures
- Lower routine maintenance requirements
- Reduced manpower requirements for routine maintenance activities—your people can focus on the important machines and tasks on site to improve production and reliability
Sometimes, plants also have problems with the lubrication of the pitch adjustment bushings on their induced draft fans. Krytox can offer superior performance for this application as well.
If you are having problems with the induced draft fan bearings at your site, Contact: Applied Thermal Fluids today.
Learn More Related Information: Krytox Lubricants Applications:
- Krytox Lubricants for Electric Motors
- Krytox Air-Cooled Heat Exchangers Lubricants
- Krytox Induced Draft Fan Bearings Lubrication
- Krytox Steam Turbine Lubrication
- Krytox Lubricants for Soot Blower
- Krytox Lubricants for Gearboxes
- Krytox Lubrication for O-Rings
- Krytox Lubricants for Seals
- Krytox Lubricants for Bearings
- Krytox Lubricants for Valves
- Krytox Extreme Temperatures Lubricants
- Krytox Functional Fluids Lubricants