Krytox Functional Fluid Solutions for Your Application.
Krytox functional fluids are characterized by a mono-functional hexfluoropropylenepolyether backbone coupled with a functional end-group. Combining a traditional material with one of the functional fluids offered by Chemours allows you to lower the surface energy or glass transition temperature, or provide a lubricating layer for your material. Our scientists can help guide you and offer advice on how to incorporate the functional fluid into your material.
Krytox functional fluids are fluorinated synthetic oils based on hexfluoropropylene oxide combined with a functional end-group. Today, the end-groups offered include: carboxylic acid, called Krytox 157FS, methyl ester, methylene alcohol, primary iodide, allyl ether and a benzene group. Carboxylic acid, methyl ester and methylene alcohol are listed on TSCA*, while the others are available under the TSCA R&D exemption. Reactions of these groups can be accomplished by employing many of the traditional synthetic methodologies used with their perfluoroalkyl analogues. The perfluoropolymer portion of the fluids contains 21.6% carbon, 9.4% oxygen and 69.0% fluorine. Their functional advantages include:
- Ability to combine the inertness of Krytox fluid with your own substrate
- Useful in a variety of applications
- Generally nontoxic and both hydrophobic and oleophobic
- Chemically and biologically inert and silicone-free
- Low vapor pressure
- Contain no volatile organic compound (VOC) materials or chlorine
Whether you require intermediates or special-purpose additives, Krytox offers a long list of performance characteristics that can enhance your end product.
Make Chemours a part of your next functional fluid project, and take advantage of our many years of experience.
Learn More Related Information: Krytox Lubricants Applications:
- Krytox Lubricants for Electric Motors
- Krytox Air-Cooled Heat Exchangers Lubricants
- Krytox Induced Draft Fan Bearings Lubrication
- Krytox Steam Turbine Lubrication
- Krytox Lubricants for Soot Blower
- Krytox Lubricants for Gearboxes
- Krytox Lubrication for O-Rings
- Krytox Lubricants for Seals
- Krytox Lubricants for Bearings
- Krytox Lubricants for Valves
- Krytox Extreme Temperatures Lubricants
- Krytox Functional Fluids Lubricants