Krytox Performance Lubricants for Extreme High Temperature and Low Temperature Applications.
What kind of lubricant would best suit your operating needs? One that stands up to tough temperature extremes? One that can save you time and cost? Krytox lubricants do both. These synthetic lubricants offer outstanding performance at temperatures from two degrees Kelvin (2º above absolute zero). Krytox™ lubricants for low temperatures have pour points that are lower than -75 ºC (-103 ºF). Even below these temperatures, Krytox lubricants are not damaged. When they return to a fluid state, they will continue to lubricate as before. At extreme low temperatures, Krytox has even been used to improve heat transfer in cryostats.
Contact us for assistance with your sub-zero applications.
High Heat Applications
When the heat is really on, you need a high temperature grease or high temperature oil that can take it without performance degradation. Krytox XHT synthetic lubricants are specially formulated for extreme high-temperature applications. Krytox XHT is a perfluoropolyether- (PFPE-) based polymer composed of fluorine, oxygen and carbon. No hydrogen is present in the molecule, resulting in exceptional stability and non-flammability.
Targeted for use in the very high-temperature range, these ultra-high-temperature-grade oils and greases offer low evaporation and remarkably stable lubrication performance at temperatures above the range of normal PFPE-based oils or conventional hydrocarbon-based lubricants. Krytox XHT lubricants are available in several grades that offer anticorrosion, extra bonding, and non-melting properties. These lubricants serve a variety of industries, including chemical, textile, tire, aviation, conveyor, oil and gas, glass, plastic film, and non-woven manufacturing, as well as mining and metal processing.
Krytox XHT lubricants offer a host of operational benefits, including:
- Non-flammable — Krytox XHT will not burn or support combustion, even in 100% liquid or gaseous oxygen — providing high-temperature stability up to 399 °C (762 °F)
- Longer component use-life, less downtime and less frequent re-lubrication
- No oxidation and low volatility
- Undamaged by — and non-reactive with — acidic or caustic cleaners and disinfectants, steam, moisture and high temperatures
- Insoluble in most solvents — but soluble in highly fluorinated fluids and some supercritical fluids such as CO2
- Ideal for all components, including bearings, seals, valves, O-rings, chains, gearboxes and agitators
- Minimal environmental footprint
- Chemically and biologically inert and silicone-free
- Safe for use around oxygen, and non-reactive with chemicals typically used in industrial applications
- Contain no volatile organic compound (VOC) materials or chlorine
Compatibility with Metals
Because Krytox XHT oils are chemically inert, they have little or no adverse effect on metals in temperatures below 288 °C (550 °F). Krytox oil can begin to slowly degrade at temperatures above 350 °C (662 °F), and degradation will occur at an increasing rate as temperatures increase further. Re-lubrication could be required at these temperatures to achieve optimum life.
Krytox XHT lubricants are available in a variety of formulations to meet the specific performance requirements of your application.
Learn More Related Information: Krytox Lubricants Applications:
- Krytox Lubricants for Electric Motors
- Krytox Air-Cooled Heat Exchangers Lubricants
- Krytox Induced Draft Fan Bearings Lubrication
- Krytox Steam Turbine Lubrication
- Krytox Lubricants for Soot Blower
- Krytox Lubricants for Gearboxes
- Krytox Lubrication for O-Rings
- Krytox Lubricants for Seals
- Krytox Lubricants for Bearings
- Krytox Lubricants for Valves
- Krytox Extreme Temperatures Lubricants
- Krytox Functional Fluids Lubricants