Krytox Air- Cooled Heat Exchangers Lubricants Application
The air cooled heat exchangers in a process facility are always a tough lubrication application. The bearings are located in a tough to access area and often operating at elevated temperature. For induced drafted heat exchangers, the bearings can often run at 100 C (212 F) when in service. It is not a surprise to find out that bearing failure is one of the top maintenance problems with these machines.
Krytox grease can help improve the life of air cooled heat exchanger bearings. Krytox does not oxidize and can be used for extremely long lubrication intervals, lower maintenance requirements and improved bearing life.
What to do:
- Clean the bearing of any other lubricant or preservative oil
- Grease the bearing with Krytox Grease lubricants. (Contact: Applied Thermal Fluids for detailed procedures)
- Replace seals or shields to prevent leakage of the grease.
- Tag the bearing as being greased for life with Krytox
- Fill approximately 40% of the bearing housing free space on either side of the bearing with Krytox
- Fewer bearing failures
- Lower routine maintenance requirements
- Reduced manpower requirements for routine maintenance activities—your people can focus on the important machines and tasks on site to improve production and reliability
If you are looking for a better solution for lubricating the air cooled heat exchanger bearings at your site, contact: Applied Thermal Fluids today.
Learn More Related Information: Krytox Lubricants Applications:
- Krytox Lubricants for Electric Motors
- Krytox Air-Cooled Heat Exchangers Lubricants
- Krytox Induced Draft Fan Bearings Lubrication
- Krytox Steam Turbine Lubrication
- Krytox Lubricants for Soot Blower
- Krytox Lubricants for Gearboxes
- Krytox Lubrication for O-Rings
- Krytox Lubricants for Seals
- Krytox Lubricants for Bearings
- Krytox Lubricants for Valves
- Krytox Extreme Temperatures Lubricants
- Krytox Functional Fluids Lubricants