Tectyl 940E2 Lubricating Engine Oil
Tectyl 940E2 is an internal combustion engine oil and corrosion preventive for all new and rebuilt engines. The film is oily and translucent.
Intended Use of Tectyl 940E2 Lubricating Engine Oil
Tectyl 940E2 protects engine parts during covered shipment and indoor storage.
Application of Tectyl 940E2 Lubricating Engine Oil
- Tectyl 940E is formulated to be used as supplied.
- Ensure uniform consistency prior to use.
- Continued stirring is generally not required.
- If the product thickens due to cold storage or loss of solvent during use, contact Daubert Chemical Company.
- DO NOT THIN TECTYL 940E. Incorrect thinning will affect film build, dry time and product performance.
- Daubert Chemical Company recommends that the ambient and product temperature be 50 – 95°F(10 – 35°C) at time of application.
- Tectyl 940E should be used as factory fill and break-in oil for all new and rebuilt engines.
- This is a completely operational oil for current production engines meeting the requirements of MIL-PRF-21260E and need not be changed until the first scheduled oil change specified by engine manufacturer.
- As a preservative coating, Tectyl 940E is used to protect engine parts during covered shipment and indoor storage.
NSNs and Specifications: