Tectyl 894 Class 2 Corrosion Preventive Compound
Tectyl 894 Class 2 is a solvent cutback, water displacing corrosion preventive compound. The dry film is semi-firm, amber and translucent. A low Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) product at 2.8 lbs./gallon.
Intended Use of Tectyl 894 Class 2 Corrosion Preventive Compound
Tectyl 894 Class 2 is designed to protect ferrous and non-ferrous precision equipment and parts in indoor or covered storage and during shipment.
Application of Tectyl 894 Class 2 Corrosion Preventive Compound
- Tectyl 894, Class II is formulated to be used as supplied.
- Ensure uniform consistency prior to use.
- Continued stirring is generally not required.
- If the product thickens due to cold storage or loss of solvent during use, contact Daubert Chemical Company.
- DO NOT THIN TECTYL 894, Class II. Incorrect thinning will affect film build, dry time and product performance.
- Daubert Chemical Company recommends that the ambient and product temperature be 50 – 95°F (10 – 35°C) at time of application.
- Tectyl 894, Class II can be spray or dip applied.
MIL-PRF-16173E Grade 3 Class 2, MIL-P-116J Type P-3