Tectyl 891D, Class 2 Corrosion Preventive Compound
Tectyl 891D, Class 2 is a solvent cutback, firm film, black asphaltic corrosion preventive compound. A low Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) product at 2.8 lbs./gallon.
Intended Use of Tectyl 891D, Class 2 Corrosion Preventive Compound
Tectyl 891D, Class 2 provides long-term protection for metallic surfaces in indoor or outdoor exposure and during international shipments.
Application of Tectyl 891D, Class 2 Corrosion Preventive Compound
- Tectyl 891D, Class II is formulated to be used as supplied.
- Ensure uniform consistency prior to use.
- Continued stirring is generally not required.
- If the product thickens due to cold storage or loss of solvent during use, contact Daubert Chemical Company.
- DO NOT THIN TECTYL 891D, Class II. Incorrect thinning will affect film build, dry time and product performance.
- Daubert Chemical Company recommends that the ambient and product temperature be 50 – 95°F (10 – 35°C) at time of application.
- Tectyl 891D, Class II can be spray or dip applied.
NSNs and Specifications:
|MIL-PRF-16173E Gr. 1 Cl. 2|
|8030-01-396-5237||54 gallon drum|
|8030-01-347-0970||5 gallon pail|
|8030-01-396-5732||1 gallon can|
|8030-01-396-5731||1 pint can|