Tectyl 861SGD Corrosion Preventive Compound
Tectyl 861SGD is a corrosion preventive compound for ferrous and non-ferrous metals. The cured film is very thin, transparent and slightly oily.
Intended Use of Tectyl 861SGD Corrosion Preventive Compound
Tectyl 861SGD is primarily intended as a steel mill “slushing compound” for the protection of galvanized steel tubing and coils during transit and storage.
Application of Tectyl 861SGD Corrosion Preventive Compound
- Tectyl 861SGD is formulated to be used as supplied.
- Ensure uniform consistency prior to use.
- Continued stirring is generally not required.
- If product thickens due to cold storage or loss of solvent during use, contact Daubert Chemical Company.
- DO NOT THIN TECTYL 861SGD. Incorrect thinning will affect film build, dry time and product performance.
- Daubert Chemical Company recommends that the ambient and product temperature be 20 – 95°F (-6.7 – 35°C) at time of application.
- Tectyl 861SGD can be applied by spray, dip, brush, or roller.