Tectyl 859B Volatile Corrosion Inhibiting (VCI) Compound
Tectyl 859B is a contact and volatile corrosion inhibiting compound.
Intended Use of Tectyl 859B Volatile Corrosion Inhibiting (VCI) Compound
Tectyl 859B is intended for use as a preservative/additive for enclosed systems where volatile components provide protection above the oil level. Tectyl 859B can be used as a contact preservative.
Application of Tectyl 859B Volatile Corrosion Inhibiting (VCI) Compound
- Tectyl 859B is formulated to be used as supplied.
- Ensure uniform consistency prior to use.
- Continued stirring is generally not required.
- If the product thickens due to cold storage or loss of solvent during use, contact Daubert Chemical
- DO NOT THIN TECTYL 859B. Incorrect thinning will affect film build, dry time and product performance.
- Daubert Chemical Company recommends that the ambient and product temperature be 50 – 95°F (10 – 35°C) at time of application.
- Tectyl 859B can be applied by spray or flush, or added to enclosures as recommended.
- Tectyl 859B is not intended for use as an operational preservative oil and should not be used in applications where rubber components are present.
- Vapor protection is not effective unless an adequate reservoir of oil can be maintained.
- A minimum of five fluid ounces of Tectyl 859B should be used for each cubic foot of vapor space or five litres for each cubic meter of vapor space.
MIL-PRF-46002C, Grade 1