Tectyl 828 Gun Slushing Compound – Corrosion Preventive
Tectyl 828 is a high solids, hot application corrosion preventive compound which provides an effective barrier against atmospheric corrosion. Tectyl 828 conforms to MIL-PRF-18487A gun slushing compound specification.
Application Tectyl 828 Gun Slushing Compound
- Tectyl 828 is formulated to be used as supplied.
- Ensure uniform consistency prior to use.
- Continuous stirring is not generally required.
- DO NOT THIN TECTYL 828. Incorrect thinning will affect film build, application temperature, and product performance.
- Tectyl 828 should be applied to clean, dry metal surfaces in the molten state be hot airless spray or dip at 155 to 190°F (68.3 to 87.3°C).
- Tectyl 828 can also be applied at warm temperatures by brush or swab.
NSNs and Specifications: