Tectyl 823EM Corrosion Preventive Compound
Tectyl 823EM is an internal combustion engine oil and corrosion preventive. This product’s film is oily and translucent.
Application of Tectyl 823EM Corrosion Preventive Compound
- Ensure uniform consistency prior to use.
- Apply at 50 – 95°F (10 – 35°C).
- Tectyl 823EM is miscible and compatible with all conventional 10, 15, 30, and 40 weight internal combustion oils.
- The use of Tectyl 823EM to prepare used engines for storage may result in its dilution with contaminated engine oil.
- Treating multiple units with the same oil charge will result in a decrease in protection because of oil dilution.
- Reuse of Tectyl 823EM should be restricted to no more than 3 units. Complete draining of the crankcase and oil sumps is recommended before treating with Tectyl 823EM.
- Tectyl 823EM can be applied by spray, circulation, or dip.
Qualifications/Specifications Met by Tectyl 823EM
Tectyl 823EM is approved under General Motor’s Electromotive Division, Approval Number 130-OI-26.