Tectyl 8140 Corrosion Preventive – Undercoating
Tectyl 8140 is a solvent cutback, thixotropic corrosion preventive compound suitable for complete undercoating for transportation equipment. The cured film is firm, black, resilient, abrasion resistant, and provides sound deadening.
Application of Tectyl 8140 Corrosion Preventive – Undercoating
- Tectyl 8140 is formulated to be used as supplied.
- Ensure uniform consistency prior to use.
- Continued stirring is generally not required.
- If the product thickens due to cold storage or loss of solvent during use, contact Daubert Chemical Company.
- DO NOT THIN TECTYL 8140. Incorrect thinning will affect film build, dry time and product performance.
- Daubert Chemical Company recommends that the ambient and product temperature be 50 – 95°F (10 – 35°C) at time of application.
- Tectyl 8140 can be airless spray applied.