Tectyl 518 Corrosion Preventive Compound
Tectyl 518 is a solventborne, thixotropic, corrosion preventive compound. The dry film is translucent and semi-firm. Tectyl 518 possesses dielectric strength of 800 volts per dry mil of coating.
Intended Use of Tectyl 518 Corrosion Preventive Compound
Tectyl 518 is designed for rustproofing transportation equipment. Tectyl 518 provides galvanic corrosion protection and can be applied on battery terminals for insulating purposes.
Application of Tectyl 518 Corrosion Preventive Compound
- Tectyl 518 is formulated to be used as supplied.
- Ensure uniform consistency prior to use.
- Continued stirring is generally not required.
- If the product thickens due to cold storage or loss of solvent during use, contact Daubert Chemical Company.
- DO NOT THIN TECTYL 518. Incorrect thinning will affect film build, dry time and product performance.
- Daubert Chemical Company recommends that the ambient and product temperature be 50 – 95°F (10 – 35°C) at time of application.
- TECTYL 518 can be spray applied.
NSNs and Specifications:
|MIL-C-62218 Type 1|