Tectyl 517 Corrosion Preventive Compound
Tectyl 517 is a solventborne, thixotropic corrosion preventive compound. The dry film is black and semi-firm. Tectyl 517 possesses dielectric strength of 800 volts per dry mil of coating.
Intended Use of Tectyl 517 Corrosion Preventive Compound
Tectyl 517 is designed for rustproofing transportation equipment. Tectyl 517 provides galvanic corrosion protection and can be applied on battery terminals for insulating purposes.
Application of Tectyl 517 Corrosion Preventive Compound
- Tectyl 517 is formulated to be used as supplied. Ensure uniform consistency prior to use.
- Continued stirring is generally not required.
- If the product thickens due to cold storage or loss of solvent during use, contact Daubert Chemical Company.
- DO NOT THIN TECTYL 517. Incorrect thinning will affect film build, dry time and product performance.
- Daubert Chemical Company recommends that the ambient and product temperature be 50 – 95°F (10 – 35°C) at time of application.
- TECTYL 517 can be spray applied.
MIL-C-83933A | MIL-C-62218A, Types 1 and 2 | QPL Reference Numbers AR-18-85 and 2-7515
NSNs and Specifications:
|MIL-C-62218A Types 1 and 2|
|A-A-59295 Types 1 and 2|