Tectyl 511M Class 1 Corrosion Preventive Compound
Tectyl 511M Class 1 is a solvent cutback, water displacing corrosion preventive compound. The semi-firm film is oily, light amber and translucent.
Intended Use of Tectyl 511M Class 1 Corrosion Preventive Compound
Tectyl 511M Class 1 is designed to protect ferrous and non-ferrous industrial parts and transportation components during covered shipment and inside storage.
Application of Tectyl 511M Class 1 Corrosion Preventive Compound
- Tectyl 511M, Class I is formulated to be used as supplied.
- Ensure uniform consistency prior to use.
- Continued stirring is generally not required.
- If the product thickens due to cold storage or loss of solvent during use, contact Daubert Chemical Company.
- DO NOT THIN TECTYL 511M, Class I. Incorrect thinning will affect film build, dry time and product performance.
- Daubert Chemical Company recommends that the ambient and product temperature be 50 – 95°F (10 – 35°C) at time of application.
- Tectyl 511M, Class I can be spray dip or flush applied.
NSNs and Specifications:
|MIL-PRF-16173E Grade 5 Class 1|
|MIL-P-116J Type P-21|
|MIL-C-23411A, Type 2|