Tectyl 482 corrosion preventive compound
Tectyl 482 is an oil concentrate corrosion preventive compound. The film is oily, transparent and non-staining. It is designed to be diluted with mineral spirits for optimum performance. Dilution of Tectyl 482 is recommended at 34 percent Tectyl 482 and 66 percent mineral spirits by volume.
Benefits of Tectyl 482 corrosion preventive compound
Tectyl 482 is an oil concentrate corrosion preventive compound. The film is oily, transparent, and non-staining.
Tectyl 482 reduced with aliphatic solvent (mineral spirits) is a one-coat rust preventive. The thin film provides high
coverage and low-cost protection.
Tectyl 482 solvent cutbacks are recommended for use on phosphated or non-phosphated machined parts, automotive parts, crankshafts, bar and drill stock, and other metal components. Tectyl 482, cut with solvent or kerosene, has active water displacing, creep, and penetrating properties. This positive combination is an important advantage for the protection of machined parts in process.
Application of Tectyl 482 corrosion preventive compound
- Ensure uniform consistency prior to use.
- Continued stirring or thinning is generally not required.
- If product thickens due to cold storage or loss of solvent during use, add only aliphatic mineral spirits and only if necessary to restore consistency.
- Daubert Chemical Company recommends that the ambient and product temperature be 50 – 95° F (10 – 35°C) at time of application.
- DO NOT FREEZE Tectyl 482. Tectyl 482 can be spray dip, brush or flush applied.
Intended Use of Tectyl 482 corrosion preventive compound
Tectyl 482 is a one-coat rust preventative that provides high coverage at a low cost.