Tectyl 282 Corrosion Preventive Compound
Tectyl 282 is a water displacing, solvent cutback, oil concentrate corrosion preventive compound, lubricant, and penetrant. The film is oily, transparent, and non-staining.
Intended Use of Tectyl 282 Corrosion Preventive Compound
Tectyl 282 is used in its diluted form to protect ferrous and non-ferrous industrial parts and transportation components.
Application of Tectyl 282 Corrosion Preventive Compound
- Ensure uniform consistency prior to use.
- Tectyl 282 is designed to be diluted 1 to 4 with mineral spirits.
- Always add the solvent to the Tectyl 282 concentrate; never add Tectyl 282 concentrate to pure mineral spirits.
- Continuous stirring or thinning is generally not required.
- Daubert Chemical Company recommends that the ambient and product temperature be 50 – 95°F (10 – 35°C) at time of application.