Tectyl 185GW (Black) Corrosion Preventive Compound
Tectyl 185GW (Black) is a solvent cutback thixotropic corrosion preventive compound. The dry film is semi-firm and has a semi-gloss appearance. Possesses dielectric strength of 800 volts per dry mil of coating.
Intended Use of Tectyl 185GW Corrosion Preventive Compound
Tectyl 185GW provides outstanding protection in marine tropical and industrial environments and is widely used for transportation equipment. Tectyl 185GW also offers galvanic corrosion protection and can be applied on battery terminals for insulating purposes.
Application of Tectyl 185GW Corrosion Preventive Compound
- Tectyl 185GW Pigmented is formulated to be used as supplied.
- Ensure uniform consistency prior to use.
- Continued stirring is generally not required. If the product thickens due to cold storage or loss of solvent during use, contact Daubert Chemical Company.
- DO NOT THIN Tectyl 185GW Pigmented. Incorrect thinning will affect film build, dry time and product performance.
- Daubert Chemical Company recommends that the ambient and product temperature be 50 – 95°F (10 – 35°C) at time of application.
- Tectyl 185GW Pigmented can be airless spray applied.