Tectyl 164 Corrosion Preventive Industrial Machine Parts
Tectyl 164 is a solvent cutback corrosion preventive compound. The dry film is firm and black. Tectyl 164 is designed for external protection of industrial machine parts for domestic and international shipments.
Surface Preparation of Tectyl 164 Corrosion Preventive Industrial Machine Parts
The maximum performance of Tectyl 164 can be achieved only when the metal surfaces to be protected are clean, dry and free of rust, oil and mill scale. Daubert Chemical Company recommends that the metal substrate temperature be 50-95°F (10-35°C) at the time of product application.
Application of Tectyl 164 Corrosion Preventive Industrial Machine Parts
- Tectyl 164 is formulated to be used as supplied.
- Ensure uniform consistency prior to use.
- Continued stirring is generally not required.
- If the product thickens due to cold storage or loss of solvent during use, contact Daubert
- DO NOT THIN TECTYL 164. Incorrect thinning will affect film build, dry time and product performance.
- Daubert Chemical Company recommends that the ambient and product temperature be 50 – 95°F
(10 – 35°C) at time of application.
- Tectyl 164 can be spray, dip, or flowcoat applied.