Tectyl 1185 Corrosion Preventive Compound
Tectyl 1185 Black is a thixotropic wax-gel corrosion preventive compound. The dry film is semi-firm and has a flat appearance. Tectyl 1185 Black provides outstanding protection in marine, tropical, and industrial environments, and is widely used for transportation equipment. Tectyl 1185 Black will dry to a firm wax-like film that will repel water, self-heal and remain flexible at low temperatures.
Applications of Tectyl 1185 Corrosion Preventive Compound
- Tectyl 1185 Black is formulated to be used as supplied.
- Ensure uniform consistency prior to use.
- Continued stirring is generally not required.
- If the product thickens due to cold storage or loss of solvent during use, contact Daubert Chemical Company.
- DO NOT THIN TECTYL 1185 Black. Incorrect thinning will affect film build, dry time and product performance.
- Daubert Chemical Company recommends that the ambient and product temperature be 50 – 95°F (10 – 35°C) at time of application.
- Tectyl 1185 Black can be airless spray applied.