Royco 889 Synthetic Compressor Lubricant
Royco 889 is a synthetic-based lubricant formulated for use in gas compression applications that require wide operating temperature ranges and minimum interaction between the lubricant and the process gas.
Intended Use of Royco 889 Synthetic Compressor Lubricant
- Royco 889 is intended for the lubrication of flooded rotary screw and vane-type compressors processing natural gas, carbon dioxide, or other hydrocarbon gases.
- Royco 889 may also be used as a cylinder lubricant for reciprocating compressors processing natural gas, carbon dioxide and other gases that require chemical resistance in an ISO 150 viscosity grade.
COMPATIBILITY: Royco 889 Synthetic Compressor Lubricant
- Recommended: Acetone, Alcohol, Asbestos, Butyl Dioxtol, Chlorinated Solvents, Glycol Ether, Neoprene, Epoxy Paint, Silicone Rubber, Toluene, Torlon (AMOCO), Vespal (DuPont), and Viton (DuPont).
- Questionable: Ethylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, and Water.
- Not Recommended: Gasoline, Glycerol, Heptane, Kerosene, Leather, Methanol, and Oil-based paint.
Features of Royco 889 Synthetic Compressor Lubricant
- Resists wash off by hydrocarbon gases and liquids
- Resists absorption into the gas phase and carry-over of the lubricant downstream
- Minimizes dilution effects due to insolubility of the lubricant with hydrocarbons
- Higher film-strength that traditional lubricants
- Protects against corrosion
- Fully compatible with most compressor component materials, including: seals, gaskets, hoses, etc.