Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 fully synthetic
Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 is recommended for 4-cycle motorcycles which specify the use a 10W-40 engine oil. This oil will help provide excellent performance in motorcycle engines that are designed with a common engine/transmission lubrication system or where the engine lubrication system is separate from the transmission system. In the case of the latter, follow the manufacturer’s recommendation for the type of fluid to be used in the transmission. Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 engine oil is designed to help provide the proper frictional characteristics necessary for wet-clutch common engine/transmission systems. It has been fully tested, both on laboratory dynamometers and in the field, to help provide optimum horsepower and acceleration.
The unique, synthetic structure of the Mobil 1 motorcycle oil formulations enables them to offer advantages beyond conventional motorcycle oils of similar viscosities. For example, base oils become lighter in viscosity as temperature increase. This characteristic forces manufacturers of oils to use thickeners which will help the oil maintain its viscosity as the temperature increases. These thickeners, however, can shear down and lose their thickening capacity in an operating engine or transmission. Synthetic fluids do not require as much thickener to achieve a multigrade viscosity rating and, in some cases, do not require any thickener. As a result, synthetic formulations tend to be very shear stable and thus, provide a solid, protective oil film for engine bearings, piston rings, transmission gears and other critical engine parts.
Mobil 1 motorcycle oil formulations offer excellent flow characteristics at low temperatures to help reduce engine wear at start-up, and provide outstanding resistance to oxidation and/or volatilization at high temperatures, both of which degrade the oil. Further, Mobil 1 motorcycle oils help provide outstanding protection against engine wear under high-temperature and high engine speed conditions. Each of the Mobil 1 motorcycle oil formulations has been optimized to help meet the unique performance characteristics demanded by motorcycle engines and thus, provide an extremely high level of performance and protection for motorcycle engines.
Features and Benefits of Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 fully synthetic
- Enhanced lubrication helps provide optimum acceleration and peak horsepower and to help maintain maximum power and acceleration over the life of the engine
- Scientifically developed high-performance additive system
- Provides excellent engine protection at peak rpm
- Maximum shear stability to help resist viscosity shear down in high performance engines and transmissions
- Exceptional thermal stability to help resist oxidation and high-temperature degradation
- Outstanding protection against wear of engine and transmission components
- Optimized wet-clutch performance
- Excellent low temperature flow characteristics to help minimize engine wear during start-up
Specs/Approvals of Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 fully synthetic
- Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 motorcycle oil meets or exceeds the requirements of, API SM, API SL, API SJ, JASO MA
- According to ExxonMobil, Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 is of the following quality level, API SH, API CF