AeroShell W 120 Lubricating Oil for 4-Stroke Aircraft Engines
AeroShell Oil W 120 Single Grade Oils are premium ashless dispersant lubricating oils for 4-Stroke cycle certificated aircraft piston engines. They have been proven in billions of engine hours around the world, including service in fuel-injected and turbocharged engines. These widely accepted oils contain a carefully selected additive combination that produces high viscosity index, dispersancy, oxidation stability and antifoam properties. These additives leave no metallic ash in the combustion chamber.
Features & Benefits of AeroShell Oil W Lubricating Oil for 4-Stroke Aircraft Engines
- Promote engine cleanliness
- Help keep engine sludge free
- Help reduce oil consumption
- Help engine reach TBO (Time Between Overhaul)
- Protects highly stressed engine parts against scuffing and wear
Main Applications of AeroShell W 120 Lubricating Oil for 4-Stroke Aircraft Engines
- AeroShell W Oils are available in four different viscosity grades:
- AeroShell Oil W65
- AeroShell Oil W80
- AeroShell Oil W100
- AeroShell Oil W120.
- The suffix for each grade corresponds to the viscosity of the oil at 210°F in Saybolt Universal Seconds.
- AeroShell W Oils are intended for use in four-stroke (fourcycle) certified reciprocating piston engines, including fuel injected and turbocharged engines. AeroShell W Oils are not recommended for use in automotive engines. For automotive engines converted for use in aircraft, the specific engine manufacturer or the conversion agency should be consulted for proper oil recommendation.
- Most radial engine operators use AeroShell Oil W120 in warm weather operations with AeroShell Oil W100 or AeroShell Oil W 15W-50 being used in cooler ambient temperatures.
- AeroShell Oil W100 or AeroShell Oil W 15W-50 are the common choices for most operators of Lycoming and Continental flat engines but, during colder parts of the year, use of AeroShell Oil W80 in place of AeroShell Oil W100 would be an excellent choice.