AeroShell W 100 OIL SAE J-1899-MIL-L-22851 – 55 Gallon Drum
AeroShell Oils W80, W100 and W120 are ashless dispersant oils specifically developed for aviation piston engines. They combine non-metallic additives with selected high viscosity index base oils to give exceptional stability, dispersancy and anti-foaming performance. No general rule exists for every engine type when choosing the correct grade of oil; however, based on the average ambient outside temperature at engine start-up the most common grades are SAE 40, SAE 50 and SAE 60, which equates to AeroShell Oil W80, W100 and W120 respectively.
Traditionally, the choice is associated with climatic zones – AeroShell W80 for cold climate regions (-17 – 21°C), AeroShell Oil W100 for temperate regions (15 – 30°C) and AeroShell Oil W120 for warmer climates (above 26°C).
AeroShell Oils W80, W100 and W120 are produced to meet fully the SAE specification J-1899 (Grades SAE 30, 40, 50 and 60 respectively). Furthermore, they all have military qualification approval and are listed on the Qualified Products List (QPL) issued by the US Navy and on the Technically Acceptable Products List (TAPL) issued by the UK Ministry of Defence. The blending plants employed to manufacture these oils also hold the approval of the specification authorities and this ensures that the high quality standard is always maintained.
Product Benefits of AeroShell W 100 OIL SAE J-1899-MIL-L-22851 – 55 Gallon Drum
- Promotes Engine Cleanness. The non-ash forming, polymeric additive was developed to help eliminate the harmful combustion chamber deposits that occur during normal operation.
- High Viscosity Index Base Oils used in AeroShell W oils maintain their viscosity and help protect engine components more effectively under the high shear stresses that an engine places on lubricants.
- Provides Compatibility with other approved aircraft piston engine oils. Since AeroShell Oils W80, W100 and W120 are fully approved to SAE J-1899 and are listed on the relevant Qualified Products List (QPL), elaborate precautions are not needed when changing from similarly approved aircraft engine oils, as long as these oils are qualified products.
- AeroShell W Oils are inherently stable in storage. Providing that they have been stored and handled correctly, prolonged storage does not have any effect on their quality, properties or performance.
Intended Use for AeroShell W 100 OIL SAE J-1899-MIL-L-22851 – 55 Gallon Drum
• Four-stroke cycle certificated aircraft reciprocating piston engines, including fuel-injected and turbocharged (where a MIL-L-22851 or SAE J 1899 oil is specified)
• aviation radial engines
• Lycoming and Continental flat aviation engines
• not recommended for use in automotive engines converted to aircraft.
Qualifications/Specifications Met by AeroShell W 100 OIL SAE J-1899-MIL-L-22851 – 55 Gallon Drum
• Teledyne Continental MHS No. 24B
• Lycoming No. 301-F
• former MIL-L-22851D
• SAE J-1899
• Pratt and Whitney Service Bulletin No. 1183-S
• Franklin Engine Company
Tech Data Sheet: PDS -Aeroshell Oil W 100 Single Grades oils >>