AeroShell Fluid 4 hydraulic oil 6 x 1-Gallon Cans
AeroShell Fluid 4 is a mineral hydraulic oil with very good low temperature characteristics and capable of operating over a wide temperature range. AeroShell Fluid 4 is composed of a mineral oil base stock and a complex additive package which results in a product with excellent low temperature flow and anti-wear properties, exceptional antifoam characteristics, and excellent oxidation stability. AeroShell Fluid 4 is dyed red.
Intended Use of AeroShell Fluid 4 hydraulic oil:
- AeroShell Fluid 4 is intended for use as a hydraulic fluid in undercarriage retraction mechanisms, flap jacks and control mechanisms, brakes, shock absorbers, automatic pilots, oleo legs, tail wheels, servo units, etc.
- AeroShell Fluid 4 is also suitable for lubricating de-icing pumps and gearboxes.
- AeroShell Fluid 4 should be used in systems with synthetic rubber components and must not be used in systems incorporating natural rubber.
- The latter systems require castor base fluids with which AeroShell Fluid 4 is not interchangeable.
- AeroShell Fluid 4 is compatible with AeroShell Fluids 31, 41, 51, 61 and 71, although it is not recommended that AeroShell Fluid 4 is used in systems which require the use of a superclean fluid nor should it be mixed with superclean fluids for operational reasons.
- Chlorinated solvents should not be used for cleaning hydraulic components which use AeroShell Fluid 4. The residual solvent contaminates the hydraulic fluid and may lead to corrosion.
Qualifications/Specifications Met by AeroShell Fluid 4 hydraulic oil: