AeroShell Oil W 15W-50 MIL-L-22851, SAE J-55 Gallon Drum
AeroShell Oil W 15W-50 is a multigrade ashless dipersant oil that provides the ultimate in aircraft piston engine protection over a wide range of ambient temperatures. AeroShell Oil W 15W-50 utilizes a unique blend of high quality mineral oils and synthetic base stocks combined with the AeroShell Oil W 15W-50 additive system and a unique anti-corrosion and anti-wear additive. This semi-synthetic blend offers high performance in a wide variety of applications and conditions.
Features/Benefits of AeroShell Oil W 15W-50 MIL-L-22851, SAE J-55 Gallon Drum includes:
• Low temperature startability and pumpability
• Excellent anti-wear and anti-corrosion protection
• Outstanding high temperature oxidation protection for hot running engines
• Designed to keep engines cleaner with less sludge and varnish buildup in critical ring belt and other vital areas
• Completely compatible with AeroShell Oil W Single Grades and AeroShell mineral oils
• Superior protection for critical camshafts, lifters and other high wear components
Applications of AeroShell Oil W 15W-50 MIL-L-22851, SAE J-55 Gallon Drum
• Four-stroke cycle certificated aircraft reciprocating piston engines, including fuel-injected and turbocharged
• Most Lycoming and Continental opposed aircraft engines operated over a wide range of ambient temperatures
• Pratt and Whitney radial aircraft engines
• Teledyne Continental Motors liquid cooled aircraft piston engines NOTE: AeroShell Oil W 15W-50 should not be used for break-in where channel chrome cylinders are being used or in helicopters that use a common sump for the engine and transmission.
Qualifications/Specifications Met by AeroShell Oil W 15W-50 MIL-L-22851, SAE J-55 Gallon Drum
• The former MIL-L-22851
• SAE J-1899
• Approved for use in all Pratt and Whitney radial aircraft engines
• Lycoming Service Bulletin 446C and 471, plus Service Instruction 1409A
• FAA Airworthiness Directive 80-04-03
• Qualified in all Teledyne Continental Motors liquid and air-cooled aircraft piston engines.