What information should be included on the label of a container of in-service lubricating grease?
The following information should be included on the label of a sample of in-service lubricating grease:
- Customer or company name and contact information
- The date that the sample was collected
- The designation of the equipment from which the sample was collected
- The name of the product that was in service
- The operating duration of the lubricant (hours or miles/km in service)
- Any additional information about the conditions of service that will aid the analyst in determining the condition of the grease